My preschooler loved the witch’s brew numeracy game by Rattle and Roll Kids that was inspired by Fam is My Jam. I knew I had to create something similar for the holidays. This Christmas stew counting math game for kids is a fun and exciting learning activity. It helps your child practice their counting and writing skills. My preschooler had so much fun creating different Christmas stew recipes. Make sure to play some Christmas music to get everyone is the holiday spirit. You can use the same supplies or find other Christmas items for this counting math game.
Dice, Mini Christmas trees, Jingle bells, Ornaments, Stars, Bows, Candy canes, Paper, Pen, Pot or Bowl and Divided tray
How to play:
- Grab a piece of paper and pen to write down your ingredients for the counting math game.
- Next, have your child roll the dice to start the game.
- Write the number next to the first ingredient for this counting math game.
- Add the ingredient to the pot or plastic bowl to prepare the Christmas stew.
- Continue rolling the dice until all the ingredients are in the pot.
- Let your child use their imagination to prepare the Christmas stew. Play some holiday music while completing this activity.
I think it would be a great idea to type up all the ingredients for this activity. Next, print and have it laminated so it will last for a long time. We stored all the items in a plastic bin to keep everything together. Hope your children enjoyed this learning activity as much as my preschooler.