School is out and it’s time for some fun! I want to find cool ways to keep both my boys entertained this summer. We’ll be making a lot of crafts, playing outside and doing some cool science experiments. Check out this colorful cardboard popsicle art project for your little ones. You don’t need a lot of supplies and most can be found in your home. If you’re low on supplies, a few craft stores are still offering curbside pick up for customers. Hope your family enjoy making this colorful cardboard popsicle craft. Use as summer decor or dramatic play for your little ones.
Love this cardboard popsicle craft? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Nothing screams summer like a delicious popsicle! I grew up eating so many with my siblings. We used to look forward to seeing that yellow truck from Schwan’s food delivery service pull up to my grandmother’s house. They had the best popsicles besides the ice cream truck. Your kids will love making this colorful cardboard popsicle craft to celebrate summer.
Supplies for Colorful Cardboard Popsicle
- Popsicle template
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Glue gun with glue sticks or tacky glue
- Glitter glue (optional)
- Paper plate (optional)
- Pom poms (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Marker or pencil
- Washi tape (optional)
- Start by downloading and printing the popsicle template then cut it.
- Trace the template on the cardboard using a marker or pencil. We used a cardboard from snack boxes but any box will be fine.
- Next, cut the popsicle then get ready to decorate.
- Paint the popsicle cardboard any color then allow it to dry. You can add washi tape to make different patterns for your popsicle.
- Decorate popsicle with glitter, pom poms or glitter glue. Allow it to dry.
- Finally, glue popsicle to the jumbo craft stick to complete this fun summer art project.
My oldest son had a great time making the colorful cardboard popsicle craft. This is one of those projects where kids can create any design they want. They can make a pattern using the washi tape or go all out with the glitter. Let your children get creative with their popsicle craft.
Looking for more summer crafts for kids? Check out these adorable art projects and fun activities:
Magazine Collage Craft Ice Cream Cone
Summer Activities for Toddlers