Since we had so much fun creating these colorful butterfly symmetry painting during spring, I thought we could make something for Christmas. This is an easy and fun project to do with young children. I’ll be honest, it gets a little messy so be prepared. Place a plastic tablecloth or newspaper either on the table or ground before starting this art project. Your kids will enjoy making this simple and beautiful Christmas ornament symmetry painting.
Love this Christmas ornament symmetry painting? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
- Paint (3-4 Christmas traditional or pastel colors)
- Ornament template 1
- Ornament template 2
- First, download your free ornament template then print on cardstock.
- Next, use scissors to cut out ornament. Make sure an adult is helping younger children for this step.
- Fold your ornament in half then open.
- Add drops of paint on one side of the ornament. Only use a little bit of paint for each color. My toddler got a little carried away with the paint so make sure to supervise the little ones.
- Fold and squish together! Gently rub one side of the paper to spread the paint.
- Carefully open to reveal a beautiful ornament. Kids can add glitter to give it a little sparkle.
- Finally, apply a thin layer of glue at the top of the ornament then add gold or silver glitter. This will represent the ornament cap.
I love the final results of our Christmas ornament symmetry painting! Each ornament turned out differently. The glitter really makes them sparkle! Hope you have fun creating this Christmas art project with the kids. Make sure to share this post!
Watch the video below to see how to make this Christmas ornament symmetry painting. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Looking for more Christmas activities for your little ones? Visit my Pinterest board as well as these fun holiday activities:
Christmas Tree Jingle Bells Painting
Holiday Activities for Families
Scrape Painting Christmas Tree
Christmas Glue Dot Practice Worksheet
Christmas Stew Counting Math Game
DIY Christmas Ornament Station
Candy Cane Water Play Sensory Activity
Dinosaur Christmas Sensory Bin