The sweetest time of the year is almost here!! Are you excited about Valentine’s Day?! I have been creating so many fun activities to get my boys ready for this holiday. This is a great time to make memories with your little sweethearts. I know most parents are looking for an easy art project that will not require a lot of work. Have no fear! You will love this simple cardboard heart craft because you only need recycled materials to make it.
Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
- Start by downloading the heart template then print.
- Next, use the template to create a heart on the recycled cardboard.
- Use scissors to cut the heart from the cardboard. You may need to assist your child with this process. Then set aside.
- Search for colorful pages in an old magazine. Let your child look for colors they want for their heart. It can be traditional Valentine’s Day colors or rainbow colors. They can choose whatever makes them happy.
- Cut small squares or triangles from the colorful pages to decorate your heart.
- Finally, glue the magazine pieces to the cardboard heart to complete this project.
My boys thought this project was pretty cool. The toddler got a bit carried away with the glue but he’s still learning. He didn’t want any help so I let him do it on his own. We discussed the colors used for this simple cardboard heart craft. I also worked on counting with my toddler as he glued the magazine pieces to the heart. Your child can create a pattern or keep it simple. Just make sure they are having fun.
Looking for more Valentine’s Day art projects for your little ones? Visit my Pinterest board or check out these fun activities:
Don’t forget to share this post or Pin it!