This Juneteenth pasta necklace craft is a simple way for kids to celebrate the holiday. It was inspired by the book, Juneteenth for Mazie. The book is a great way to start the discussion of Freedom Day with young children. I love that this craft is easy to make and represents an important part of history. Make sure to follow the simple steps below to create this Juneteenth pasta necklace with your family.
Love this Juneteenth pasta necklace? Subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Juneteenth Pasta Necklace
- Red, white and blue acrylic paint
- Resealable storage bags (one for each paint)
- Yarn or twine
- Wax paper or foil
- Dried pasta (Ditalini)
- Hand sanitizer (optional)
- First, open your resealable storage bags then add 1/2 cup of dried pasta to each bag.
- Next, add a few squirts of red, white and blue acrylic paint to each bag.
- Squirt about 1 to 2 drops of hand sanitizer into the bag. This step is optional.
- Close you resealable bag then shake it around. Make sure the dried pasta is completely covered with the paint.
- Open your resealable storage bag then add pasta to wax paper or foil to dry.
- Once completely dry, thread it onto the yarn or twine, alternating red, white and blue.Your kids will love wearing this necklace to celebrate Juneteenth.
This is a great learning activity for children. They can learn about Juneteenth as well as work on color recognition and counting. My oldest loves making patterns so this was a great activity for him.
Looking for more Juneteenth crafts or activities? You might also like: