Are you looking forward to the Summer Games? Can’t believe the opening ceremonies will be starting next week! If you want to get the kids excited, let them create this simple Olympic flag craft. They can wave it during each event or use for dramatic play. You can also host your own version of the Summer Games with this flag as decoration.
Love this Olympic art project? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Olympic Flag Craft
- White cardstock
- Paint (red, blue, green, yellow, black & grey)
- Recycled cardboard
- Foam brush
- Paper plate
- Cup or small bowl
- Tacky glue
- Start by adding the blue, yellow, black, green and red paint to paper plates.
- Next, dip the cup or small bowl into each color to create the rings of the Olympic flag on the white cardstock. Allow it to dry.
- Cut a 16 inch strip from the recycled cardboard to create the flag pole.
- Use the foam brush to apply grey paint to the cardboard strip. Allow it to dry.
- Finally, glue the white paper with the Olympic Rings to the grey strip to complete the flag. Now it’s time to celebrate!
This was such a fun and easy craft to make to celebrate the Olympics. You can also use this activity to help young kids work on color recognition and counting. They will be able to work on their fine motor skills as well.
Which Olympic sport are you looking forward to watching? I’m all about the track & field events but I also enjoy watching gymnastics, swimming and badminton.
Don’t forget to PIN this Olympic flag craft!
Looking for more ideas to celebrate summer? Check out these adorable art projects and fun activities:
Magazine Collage Craft Ice Cream Cone
Colorful Cardboard Popsicle Craft