Fall (Autumn) is almost here! So many adorable crafts to create and family activities to enjoy outdoors. I wanted to put together something simple for my boys to make that represent the upcoming season. Create these beautiful fall leaves symmetry painting with your kids. This is an easy and fun project to do at home or school. It gets a bit messy with the little ones so be prepared. Place a plastic tablecloth or newspaper either on the table or ground before starting this art project. Kids can choose any fall color as well as leaf for this beautiful craft. Get all the details below!
Love this fall activity? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Fall Leaves Symmetry Painting
- First, download your free leaf template then print on white cardstock. If you have a Cricut, cut different fall leaves for this activity.
- Next, use scissors to cut out the leaves. Make sure an adult is helping younger children for this step.
- Fold the leaves in half then open.
- Add drops of paint on one side of the leaf. Only use a little bit of paint for each color. My toddler got a little carried away with the paint so make sure to supervise the little ones.
- Fold and squish together! Gently rub one side of the paper to spread the paint.
- Finally, carefully open the leaf to reveal a beautiful painting. Kids can add glitter to give it a little sparkle.
The fall leaves symmetry painting turned out beautiful! I love that each leaf looks different. The glitter really adds a nice touch! Hope you have fun creating this fall art project with the kids. Make sure to share this post or tag me on Instagram if you make this with your family!
Looking for more fall activities for kids? You might also like: