Get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit by making this beautiful shamrock scrape painting with your family! You only need a few supplies for this easy art project. This is a great activity for home or school!
Want to see more St. Patrick’s Day crafts? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Shamrock Scrape Painting
- Paint (different shades of green)
- Recycled cardboard (cut into a square)
- Shamrock template
- White cardstock
- Tray (optional)
- First, download and print the free shamrock template. See supplies to get the template.
- Next, add a few drops of paint all over the shamrock template.
- Take the cardboard square and scrape it across the shamrock. Start at the top and move downward. Now move in a different direction. Try not to scrape the shamrock more than 3 times. Set aside to dry.
- Finally, cut the shamrock and display in your home. You can also make a card using the shamrock or make multiples to create a garland.
This shamrock scrape painting was inspired by the Easter and Valentine’s Day art project we created using the same technique. Kids will be able to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. If you want to make it sparkle, add some glitter. Check out my mini tutorial below!
This activity can get messy especially with the little ones. Make sure to put a tray or old box on the table before starting. I also suggest keeping wipes nearby in case your child doesn’t like paint on their hands.
Looking for more fun ideas to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? You may also like the following activities: