Celebrate back to school or fall with this beautiful apple scrape painting. Everyone will love this super cool process art activity that includes a free printable. You can create a red, green or yellow apple. Get creative and have fun! Check out the details below!
Love this apple scrape painting? It’s perfect for back to school or fall. Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Apple Scrape Painting
- Paint (red, green & brown)
- Recycled cardboard (cut into a square)
- White cardstock
- Tray (optional)
- Apple template
- Cricut (optional)
- First, download, print then cut out the free apple template. See supplies to get the template. If you have a cutting machine like a Cricut, search for an apple image then cut.
- Next, add a few drops of paint on the white cardstock. Make sure to use one paper for red, another for green and one for brown.
- Take the cardboard square and scrape the paint across the white cardstock. Start at the top and move downward. Now move in a different direction. Try not to scrape the paper more than 3 or 4 times. Set aside to dry.
- Finally, use a pencil to trace the apple template on the painted cardstocks then cut. Glue to the brown stem to the apple then add the green leaf to complete this apple scrape painting.
As you can tell, we love using this painting technique. This apple turned out amazing! You can make smaller apples and create a cool banner for back to school or fall. If you want to give it a little sparkle, add some glitter.
Check out this mini tutorial on my Instagram page! Also, tag me if you make this craft with your family. I would love to see your apple scrape painting.
Looking for more back to school ideas? Check out these fun ways to celebrate the start of new school year!
Don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest and tag me on Facebook or Instagram if you make this back to school frozen yogurt bark!
Fall is coming up soon! Check out these cool activities!