Celebrate summer with this colorful scrape painting popsicle craft! I was inspired by Happy Toddler Playtime’s Scrape Painted Ice Cream and decided to create these popsicles. Kids will have a great time making these frozen treats at home and creating their own design. This craft can be used for dramatic play or decorations for a party. What I love about this art project is that kids can use any color and get really creative. Check out all the details below!
Love this scrape painting popsicle craft? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Scrape Painting Popsicle Craft
- Paint (bright colors)
- Recycled cardboard (cut into a square)
- White cardstock
- Tray (optional)
- Popsicle template
- Craft sticks
- Pencil or marker
- First, download, print then cut out the free popsicle template. See supplies to get the template. If you have a cutting machine like a Cricut, search for a popsicle image then cut.
- Next, add a few drops of paint on the white cardstock. Make sure to use bright colors for this summer craft.
- Take the cardboard square and scrape it across the white cardstock. Start at the top and move downward. Now move in a different direction. Try not to scrape the paper more than 3 or 4 times. Set aside to dry.
- Finally, use a pencil to trace the popsicle template on the painted cardstock then cut. Glue to the craft stick to complete this scrape painting popsicle craft.
I love the way these popsicles turned out! We had so much fun making them. I will admit that this activity can get a little messy with smaller children so make sure to supervise them and use a tray.
Looking for more summer crafts for kids? Check out these adorable art projects and fun activities:
Puffy Paint Cardboard Ice Cream
Balloon Stamping Ice Cream Craft
Magazine Collage Craft Ice Cream Cone
Colorful Cardboard Popsicle Craft
Summer Activities for Toddlers
Don’t forget to share this post or PIN IT! 🙂