It’s almost fall and I wanted to share a fun craft to celebrate this season. This colorful pumpkin fizzy painting is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and older kids. Get creative with the colors or use traditional fall colors. This is such a cool way to bring art and science together. Follow the easy steps below!
Love this pumpkin fizzy painting? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Pumpkin Fizzy Painting
- Baking Soda
- White Distilled Vinegar
- Pumpkin template
- Cricut (optional)
- White Cardstock
- Food Gel Coloring
- Paint Brushes
- Plastic Mini Cups
- Jumbo eyedroppers
- First, you need to download, print and cut out the pumpkin template. Place the pumpkin on a tray, plastic table cloth or old newspaper.
- Next, create a baking soda paint by mixing 2 tbsp of baking soda with 5 drops of food coloring. Mix to form a wet paste. You can add a few drops of water to get the right consistency.
- Let the messy fun begin! Paint your pumpkin using the paste.
- Add vinegar to the jumbo droppers then squirt the pumpkin to create a cool chemical reaction. Set aside to dry.
- Finally, wipe off excess baking soda and show off your pumpkin.
Kids will love this fun project! They will get the chance to learn about the chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar while creating a cool pumpkin.
Don’t forget to subscribe via email and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, check out these fun Halloween activities:
Spooky Halloween Chocolate Bark
Colorful Skull & Bones Sensory Bin
Super Simple Halloween Sensory Bin
Love all things fall? These cool activities are perfect for everyone!
Easy Fall Soup Sensory Activity
Beautiful Fall Leaves Symmetry Painting