Celebrating New Year’s Eve with your kids at home? I have a fun craft that everyone will love. These paper plate noisemakers will help your family ring in the new year! Your kids will have a great time shaking these DIY party favors. Get ready for a loud night! Here’s how you can make your very own paper plate noisemaker. Check out the details below!
Love these paper plate noisemakers? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Paper Plate Noisemakers
- Paper plates
- Jingle bells
- Alphabet & number stickers
- Foam brush
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Tinsel garland, festive yarn or ribbon
- First, you will need to paint the backside of the paper plates black. You can also choose different colors like gold or silver. Set aside and allow them to dry.
- Next, decorate your plates by adding stickers and glitter.
- After you have your plates decorated you will glue the straw or popsicle stick to the inside of the backside of the plate as shown above. If you use a straw, flatten the portion that will be glued to the plate to make final assemble easier. Make sure to attach the straw or popsicle stick about halfway down the plate for stability
- Place a small amount of jingle bells inside of the plate above the handle.
- Finally, apply hot glue around the edge of the plate then carefully add the decorated paper plate on top. You can wrap the ribbon, garland or yarn around the craft stick to complete your New Year’s Eve paper plate noisemakers.
I love how these turned out! Each noisemaker will look unique and can be customized using stickers, paint and glitter. You can also use specialty craft sticks that come in different designs and colors. I hope your kids enjoy these paper plate noisemakers and everyone has a wonderful NEW YEAR!
Watch the video below to see how to make these paper plate noisemakers. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Looking for more New Year’s Day and winter activities for your little ones? Visit my Pinterest board or check out these fun ideas: