Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this beautiful puffy paint rainbow and pot of gold craft. When the paint dries, your kids will have fun touching the fluffy texture. This is a cool sensory art experience for kids of all ages. You can use traditional rainbow colors, pastel colors or neon bright colors. Read below to see how simple it is to make this festive craft with your kids.
Love this puffy paint rainbow and pot of gold craft? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Puffy Paint Rainbow
- Craft sticks
- Liquid white glue
- Glitter (optional)
- White cardstock
- Foam shamrock
- Foam shaving cream
- Bowls (7)
- Paper gold coin confetti (I purchased mine at Target but you can also use plain gold confetti)
- Food coloring
- Foam cauldron (I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree)
- First, mix equal parts of liquid white glue and foam shaving cream together into 7 bowls.
- Next, add red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple food coloring in 6 of the bowls then mix.
- Glue the foam cauldron at the bottom left of the white cardstock.
- Place the foam shamrock on the cauldron. Mine was a sticker so I didn’t have to use glue.
- Now it’s time to start painting your rainbow. Dip your paintbrush in the red DIY puffy paint then make an arch from the foam cauldron. Repeat until you have used all the colors of the rainbow.
- Paint white puffy paint at the end of the rainbow to create a fluffy, white cloud. You can add glitter to your cloud or leave it plain.
- Finally, add your gold coins above the foam cauldron. Allow the puffy paint to dry then touch the fluffy texture.
Watch the video below to see how I made this St. Patrick’s Day craft. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Don’t forget to subscribe via email and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to stay updated on the latest posts. Check out these fun St. Patrick’s Day and rainbow activities:
St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bottles
St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Tray
St. Patrick’s Day Green Sensory Bin