Looking to add more green to your home to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? You will love making this paper bag shamrock craft. It’s easy to make and you only need a few supplies. Grab those recycled brown shopping bags and start crafting with your family.
Love this paper bag shamrock craft? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Paper Bag Shamrock
- Paint (different shades of green)
- Recycled brown shopping bag
- Fiber fill or shredded paper
- Shamrock template
- Foam brush
- Glitter (optional)
- First, you will have to download, print and cut the shamrock template. You can also draw your own shamrock if you prefer.
- Next, trace two copies of the shamrock on the brown paper bag.
- Cut out your paper bag shamrocks. If you have small children, make sure they are using safety scissors.
- Paint one of the paper bag shamrocks. This will be the front side of your craft. You can add glitter but that’s optional.
- Staple the sides of the paper bag shamrocks. Work your way around the edge, stapling a half inch apart. Leave some space at the top and possibly the sides.
- Finally, stuff your paper shamrock with fiber fill then staple it until it’s completely sealed. If you are not a fan of using a stapler for this project, use a hole punch and yarn instead. You could also use double-sided tape.
Watch the video below to see how I made this paper bag shamrock craft. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Check out these fun St. Patrick’s Day and rainbow activities:
DIY Puffy Paint Rainbow & Pot of Gold Craft
St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bottles
St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Tray
St. Patrick’s Day Green Sensory Bin