If you’re looking for an easy Halloween craft, you will love this coffee filter jack-o’-lantern. I love how the color blends and every design is different. Kids can choose any color combination for their jack-o’-lantern. You only need markers, coffee filters and cardstock to create this fun art project. I love that it’s inexpensive and you may already have these supplies at home. Get your kids excited about spooky season with super cute and colorful craft.
Love this coffee filter jack-o’-lantern craft for kids? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Coffee Filter Jack-O’-Lantern
- Black cardstock
- White cardstock (if printing template)
- Coffee filters
- Liquid glue or glue stick
- Baking sheet or tray
- Spray bottle or eye dropper
- Jack-O’-Lantern faces
- Cricut (optional)
- First, place a coffee filter on a baking sheet or tray. Make sure to flatten the filter so it’s easier to color.
- Next, let your child use markers to color the coffee filter. Allow your child to get creative with their designs. The more you color the filter, the brighter the colors will be when you’re done. You can see the difference in the pictures below.
- Once you’re finished coloring your filters, use a small spray bottle to spray water onto the coffee filters. You can also use an eye dropper. Make sure the coffee filter is not super wet or it will take forever to dry.
- After you are finished spraying the coffee filter, set it aside to dry completely. I was able to place our filters outside since it’s still hot in Florida.
- Finally, download, print and cut the jack-o’-lantern faces. Then cut a stem from black cardstock. It can be shaped like a rectangle, or you can cut something fancy. If you have a cutting machine, find your favorite jack-o’-lantern and pumpkin stem images then cut on black cardstock. Attach them to the coffee filters with the glue.
Watch the video below to see how I made this coffee filter jack-o’-lantern craft. Also, subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Order these Halloween activity bundles to get your child excited about the spooky season!