Celebrate the holidays by making this scrape painting Christmas tree with your kids. We love using this cool technique to paint. It’s a super fun and easy craft for preschoolers, kindergartners and older children. You only need a few supplies, and the results are really cool. Scroll down to get all the details!
Love this scrape painting Christmas tree for kids? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Scrape Painting Christmas Tree
- Paint (any color)
- Recycled cardboard (cut into a square)
- White cardstock
- Tray (optional)
- Christmas tree templates
- Gold or silver star shaped sticker
- Cricut (optional)
- First, download, print then cut out the free Christmas tree templates. See supplies to get the template. If you have a cutting machine like a Cricut, search for a Christmas tree image then cut.
- Next, add a few drops of paint on white cardstock. Use different shades of green paint or vibrant colors.
- Take the cardboard square and scrape the paint across the white cardstock. Start at the top and move downward. Now move in a different direction. Try not to scrape the paper more than 3 or 4 times. Set aside to dry.
- Finally, use a pencil to trace the tree templates on the painted cardstocks then cut. Add a star shaped sticker to the top of the Christmas tree.
We love using this scrape painting technique. The results will always vary and that’s what makes it unique. You can make multiple trees then create a garland.
Watch the video below to see how to make this scrape painting Christmas tree and make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Looking for more Christmas activities for your little ones? Visit my Pinterest board as well as these fun holiday activities: