Looking for a fun craft for preschoolers and older kids? This yarn wrapped carrot is such an easy spring craft for kids. You can make multiple carrots to create a garland for decoration around your home. All you need for this yarn carrot is recycled cardboard, yarn and tape. Scroll below to get all the details!
Love this yarn wrapped carrot craft for kids? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Yarn Wrapped Carrot
- Recycled cardboard
- Orange yarn
- Green foil cardstock
- Clear tacky glue (optional)
- Carrot template
- First, download, print then cut out the FREE carrot template. See supplies to get the template. If you have a cutting machine like a Cricut, search for a carrot image then cut.
- Next, trace the root of the carrot on recycled cardboard then cut.
- Tape the beginning of your orange yarn to the back of your carrot. Now, wrap the carrot with the orange yarn until it’s completely covered.
- Finally, trace the carrot leaf on the green foil cardstock then cut. Tape or glue it to the back of the carrot.
Watch the video below to see how I made this yarn wrapped carrot. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Looking for more spring activities for kids? You might also like: