The Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg is a fun weekend event that brings the IndyCar series to the downtown waterfront area of the Sunshine City. Fans will get to enjoy fast cars and world-class drivers. It’s such a great event for the whole family. Tickets are available online at gpstpete.com.
Looking for more family fun ideas? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. We received free tickets for this event. However, this blog post is not sponsored. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
We attended the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Pete last year for the first time. It was an incredible experience and I plan to make it a family tradition. Check out my tips for attending Firestone Grand Prix with kids below.
Tips for Attending the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and ponchos in case of rain. If you forget a hat, like us, you may get lucky and find one at a sponsored booth.
- Stay hydrated. Refillable bottles are allowed so make sure to drink plenty of water. There are also food vendors that will have water available for purchase.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be walking A LOT! I had so many steps on my Fitbit.
- Bring ear muffs for the kids. The races can get very loud. You can also bring ear plugs for the adults.
- Get there early! If you purchase general admission, finding the best spots to view the race means arriving early. You will also get to enjoy all the activities before the race starts.
- Purchase the Paddock passes. My kids really enjoyed seeing the teams get the cars ready for the race.
- Bring extra diapers or training underwear and flushable wipes. We were potty training our youngest last year and left the extra wipes and training underwear in the car. Parenting FAIL.
- Don’t forget to bring hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes. Kids touch everything so it’s good to have these with you to clean their hands.
We had so much fun at the Firestone Grand Prix. My kids enjoyed learning about the tires used on the race cars and the drivers.
Firestone Grand Prix Parking
Parking will be available at Tropicana Field in Lots 6 & 7 for $15 per day. Cashless transactions only.
There will also be a free shuttle service from Tropicana Field to the race course. The shuttle will pick passengers up on 10th Street S. and drop off at Second Street S. and Fifth Avenue S. The shuttle will run from 7 am to 7 pm on March 3rd, 7 am to 5 pm on March 4th and 7 am to 5:30 pm on March 5th.
The USF garage is recommended for those with limited mobility wishing to enter the 5th Avenue S. gate (Gate 5), and the SouthCore garage is recommended for those wishing to enter the 1st Avenue S. gate (Gate 1). The Looper is also wheelchair accessible. Please visit the City of St. Petersburg website for the most up-to-date information.
Check out the video below to see how much fun we had last year! Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Check out these awesome ideas for family fun: