Candy canes are a classic Christmas treat. My kids look forward to getting them every year. Celebrate the holiday season by making this cardboard candy cane. It’s a budget-friendly craft that is easy to make using recycled items.
Love this cardboard candy cane craft for kids? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Cardboard Candy Cane Craft
- Recycled cardboard (I used a cereal box)
- Old magazines
- White cardstock
- Safety scissors or regular scissors
- Candy cane template
- First, you will need to download, print and cut out the candy cane template on white cardstock.
- Next, trace the candy cane template on recycled cardboard then cut it out.
- Cut red and white pages from an old magazine. The size doesn’t matter. Make sure smaller children are using safety scissors. If they are too young to cut out the magazine pieces, have everything prepared before you get started.
- Finally, glue the red and white magazine pieces to the cardboard candy cane. Alternate the color stripes until the candy cane is completely covered.
Don’t expect perfection when it comes to crafting with your little ones. The goal is to have fun and spend time together. You don’t have to use red and white for your candy cane. Choose different colors that represent flavors of their favorite candy cane.
Watch the video below to see how to make this cardboard candy cane. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!
Looking for more Christmas crafts or ways to spend quality time with your family? Visit my Pinterest board as well as these fun holiday activities: