Earth Day is celebrated every year on April 22. It’s the perfect time to teach children how to take care of our planet. I love crafting with my boys so I try to make sure we use recycled materials as much as possible. If you’re looking for an easy art project to celebrate this holiday, check out this cardboard Earth.
Love this cardboard Earth craft for kids? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Cardboard Earth
- First, find a large round object in your home. Use that to trace a circle on recycled cardboard then cut.
- Next, draw small abstract shapes to represent land for the planet then cut.
- Now it’s time to paint the round cardboard blue and the small shapes the color green. Set aside to dry.
- Glue all the green pieces onto the round cardboard to form the Earth.
- Finally, add the heart shaped sticker into the middle of the Earth.
Watch the video below to see how I made this cardboard Earth. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Looking for more Earth Day activities for kids? You might also like: