The weather in Florida is feeling more like summer instead of spring. However, that means plenty of sunshine which is perfect for our colorful Easter egg suncatcher. They look beautiful on our sliding glass door when the sun shines through them. Your kids will enjoy making this easy art project using tissue paper and contact paper. This is a mess-free craft and requires minimal supervision.
Love this Easter egg suncatcher for kids? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Easter Egg Suncatcher
- Colorful tissue paper
- Black cardstock
- Clear contact paper
- Chunky glitter (optional)
- Easter egg template
- Cricut (optional)
- Double-sided tape
- First, download and print the FREE Easter egg template. Trace on black cardstock then cut. If you have a cutting machine, choose different Easter eggs in your design space then cut. Set aside.
- Next, cut the tissue paper into small pieces. If you’re not comfortable with your child using scissors, let them tear the tissue paper by hand.
- Cut a piece of contact paper that is larger than the Easter egg then peel off the backing. Carefully place your egg outline on top of the contact paper.
- Cover the inside of the Easter egg with the tissue paper pieces. Once finished, your child has the option to add chunky glitter.
- Carefully peel off the back of another contact paper and place it on top of the egg, sticky side down. Smooth it out to get rid of any creases or bubbles.
- Finally, cut out the Easter egg suncatcher. Use double-sided tape to stick to a window or sliding glass door.
Watch the video below to see how I made these Easter egg suncatchers. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Looking for more Easter activities for kids? You might also like: