Your kids are going to have a great time making this diy puffy paint gingerbread man. If you’re not a fan of gingerbread cookies, you can still enjoy the classic holiday treat by making this cardboard craft. It’s also a cool sensory activity for kids. I have included a FREE gingerbread man template for this activity. Scroll down to check out the steps to get started!
Love this diy puffy paint gingerbread man craft for kids? Make sure to subscribe via email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Puffy Paint Gingerbread Man
- White liquid glue
- Recycled cardboard
- Foam shaving cream
- Peppermint candy eraser or party favor
- Brown paint
- Cinnamon & allspice (optional)
- Gingerbread man template
- Wiggle eyes (optional)
- Cricut (optional)
- First, download and print the gingerbread man template. Then cut out and trace on recycled cardboard. If you have a cutting machine, find your favorite gingerbread man template then cut.
- Next, mix equal parts of liquid white glue and foam shaving cream together. Then add the brown paint and spices. Make sure you do not over mix the ingredients.
- Now it’s time to have fun! Start applying a thick layer of puffy paint to the gingerbread man until it’s completely covered.
- Finally, decorate your puffy paint gingerbread man with paper for the icing, facial features and bow as well as the peppermint candy party favor for the buttons. All the accessories will stick to the glue in the puffy paint, so no extra glue is required.
This was such a fun project to make with my 5-year-old. He really loved the texture of the paint once it dried. Adding the cinnamon was a great idea because my son loves to use his sense of smell. I hope you have a wonderful time making this craft with your family.
Watch the video below to see how to make this puffy paint gingerbread man Christmas craft. Make sure to follow me on YouTube for more fun content!
Looking for Christmas crafts or ways to spend quality time with your family? Visit my Pinterest board as well as these fun holiday activities: