Making gingerbread cookies and decorating gingerbread houses are the classic holiday activity. I wanted to create something that would last longer but also fun to make. This paper plate gingerbread man is the perfect Christmas activity for fun at home or school. Kids will be able to make either a girl or boy and get creative with the decorations. You only need a few supplies to make this adorable craft.
Love this paper plate gingerbread man craft for Christmas? Make sure to subscribe via email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Paper Plate Gingerbread Man
- Paper plates
- Foam brush
- Gold cardstock (optional)
- White puffy paint
- Wiggle eyes (optional)
- First, start by painting the paper plate brown then set it aside to dry.
- Next, while the paper plate is drying, cut out two circles from the black cardstock and two hearts from pink cardstock.
- Glue the black circles on the paper plate to form the eyes. Then glue the hearts below the eyes.
- Use the white puffy paint to add “icing” to the plate for the hair and mouth.
- Finally, cut out a bow from any color cardstock. You can glue it at the top of the plate to make a hair bow or at the bottom of the plate to make a bow tie.
Watch the video below to see how to make this paper plate gingerbread man. Make sure to follow me on YouTube for more fun content!
Looking for Christmas crafts or ways to spend quality time with your family? Visit my Pinterest board as well as these fun holiday activities: