We are fully in fall mode over here! I know most people are team pumpkin for this time of the year, but I love apples! Yes, that means apple cider over pumpkin spice and apple pie over pumpkin pie. My kids feel the same way so I wanted to create an easy but fun craft that they would love. This apple suncatcher craft only requires a few supplies including contact paper, cardstock and tissue paper. You can make this fall art project at home or school.
Love this apple suncatcher for kids? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Apple Suncatcher
- Red tissue paper
- Red cardstock
- Clear contact paper
- Chunky glitter (optional)
- Apple template
- Cricut (optional)
- Double-sided tape
- First, download and print the FREE apple template. Trace on red cardstock then cut. If you have a cutting machine, choose your favorite apple image in your design space then cut. Set aside.
- Next, cut the red tissue paper into small pieces. If you’re not comfortable with your child using scissors, let them tear the tissue paper by hand.
- Cut a piece of contact paper that is larger than the apple then peel off the backing. Carefully place your apple outline on top of the contact paper. Your child will need help with this step.
- Cover the inside of the apple with the tissue paper pieces. Once finished, your child has the option to add chunky glitter.
- Glue the stem and leaf at the top of the apple.
- Carefully peel off the back of another contact paper and place it on top of the apple, sticky side down. Smooth it out to get rid of any creases or bubbles. Your child may need help with this step.
- Finally, cut out the apple suncatcher. Use double-sided tape to stick to a window or sliding glass door.
I hope you get the opportunity to make this craft with your family. Your child can choose a different color for their apple or make it smaller.
Watch the video below to see how I made this apple suncatcher. Follow me on TikTok for more fun content!
Order these apple activity bundles to get your child excited about fall!
Looking for more ways to celebrate fall? Check out these fun activities that’s perfect for your kids!