This simple yarn wrapped pumpkin craft is easy to make and fun for the kids. Teens and adults can also join in on the fun. It’s such a relaxing project and perfect for at home or school. This activity is perfect for developing fine motor skills as well as allowing kids to be creative. I have included a FREE pumpkin template if you don’t have a cutting machine at home. Scroll down to get started!
Love this yarned wrapped pumpkin craft for kids? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Yarn Wrapped Pumpkin
- Recycled cardboard
- Orange yarn
- Green foil cardstock
- Orange paint
- Foam brush
- Pumpkin template
- First, download, print then cut out the FREE pumpkin template. See supplies to get the template. If you have a cutting machine like a Cricut, search for a pumpkin image then cut.
- Next, trace the pumpkin on recycled cardboard then cut.
- Paint the cardboard pumpkin orange then set aside to dry.
- Tape the beginning of your orange yarn to the back of your pumpkin. Now, wrap the pumpkin with the orange yarn. Don’t completely cover the pumpkin.
- Finally, trace the pumpkin stem on the green foil cardstock then cut. Tape or glue it to the back of the pumpkin.
Watch the video below to see how I made this yarn wrapped pumpkin. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Order these activity bundles to get your child excited about fall!
Looking for more ways to celebrate fall? Check out these fun activities that’s perfect for your kids!