Get your kids ready to celebrate Freedom Day with this easy art project. This handprint Juneteenth flag craft is such a cute keepsake! You can create a flag each year to see your child’s handprint grow.
Love this handprint Juneteenth flag craft? Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Handprint Juneteenth Flag Craft
- Crayola flat brush set
- Crayola premium white construction paper
- Crayola no.2 pencil
- Crayola washable project paint classic (red, white & blue)
- Draw an arch on the white construction paper. This arch for the Juneteenth flag represents a new horizon and promising future for Black Americans.
- Next, paint the flag using the flat brush and washable paint. The upper half is blue and the lower half is red. The colors are the same as the USA flag because it’s meant to show that former enslaved people and their descendants are also Americans.
- Apply white washable paint to your child’s hand then stamp the middle of the flag to represent the star. The star of the flag is a nod to Texas (Lonestar state and where Juneteenth was established) and it represents the freedom of every Black American in the country.
- Finally, use a pencil to draw the 12 point star around the handprint. Then have your child dip their finger in white washable paint and stamp along the burst. The outline around the star represents a new beginning for all.
This was such a great art project to make with my boys. We discussed the symbols of the flag and the importance of Juneteenth.
Check out this mini tutorial on my Instagram page for a collaboration with Crayola! Also, tag me if you make this art project with your family. I would love to see your handprint Juneteenth flag craft.
Don’t forget to subscribe via email and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to stay updated on the latest posts. Check out these fun ways to celebrate Juneteenth as a family:
Order this awesome Juneteenth activity bundle to celebrate at home!