This shamrock suncatcher is simple enough for small kids to make with an adult and cool enough for older children to enjoy. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with this fun craft that can be displayed anywhere in your home. You only need a few supplies to create this project and I have included a free printable.
Love this St. Patrick’s Day shamrock suncatcher for kids? Please subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great ideas. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Shamrock Suncatcher
- Shamrock template
- Tissue paper (different shades of green)
- Black cardstock
- Clear contact paper
- Chunky glitter (optional)
- Cricut (optional)
- Double-sided tape
- First, download, print and cut the free shamrock template. Trace on black cardstock then cut. You must also cut out the inside of the shamrock so you are left with a black shamrock outline. Set aside.
- Next, cut the tissue paper into small pieces. If you’re not comfortable with your child using scissors, let them tear the tissue paper by hand.
- Cut a piece of contact paper that is larger than the shamrock then peel off the backing. Carefully place your shamrock outline on top of the contact paper.
- Cover the inside of the shamrock with the tissue paper pieces. Once finished, your child has the option to add chunky glitter.
- Carefully peel off the back of another contact paper and place it on top of the shamrock, sticky side down. Smooth it out to get rid of any creases or bubbles.
- Finally, cut out the shamrock suncatcher. Use double-sided tape to stick to a window or sliding glass door.
Watch the video below to see how I made this St. Patrick’s Day shamrock suncatcher. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun content!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog via email and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to stay updated on the latest posts. Looking for more ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Check out these fun activities: