Are you looking for an easy St. Patrick’s Day craft? This shamrock stamp art is a great family activity! No need to put away those heart shaped cookie cutters from Valentine’s Day. Use them to create beautiful shamrocks.
Love this shamrock stamp art? Make sure to subscribe via E-mail to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Shamrock Stamp Art
- Paint (different shades of green)
- White cardstock
- Paint brush
- Small container or cup
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Paper plate
- Glitter (optional)
- First, add your paint to a paper plate.
- Next, dip your heart shaped cookie cutter in the paint. Press firmly to make sure there’s enough paint on the cookie cutter.
- Press the cookie cutter firmly onto your white cardstock. Repeat until you form a shamrock.
- Add a little water to a small container or cup. Dip the paint brush in the water then dab a little paint from the shamrock to create watercolor paint. Repeat until your shamrock is completely painted.
- Finally, paint a stem to complete your shamrock. You can add glitter or leave it plain.
This was such a fun art project to make with the kids. They were able to choose their favorite shade of green to complete this shamrock stamp art. Adjust this activity based on your child’s skills and age. Check out the tutorial I shared on Instagram!
Remember, this craft doesn’t have to look perfect. The goal is to have fun and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. If you child wants to create a rainbow shamrock, that’s fine. They can also use a marker or crayon to create the stem instead of paint. You can frame their craft and use a decor around your home or office.
Looking for more fun ideas to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? You may also like the following activities: