Spring is almost here! Here’s a fun art project that kids will love. This paper plate rainbow craft is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, a rainbow themed celebration or spring project at school. You only need a few supplies for this colorful activity. Toddlers and preschoolers will get a chance to work on their fine motor skills as well as color recognition.
Looking for more ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Make sure to subscribe via email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Supplies for Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
- Paper plate
- Paint (rainbow colors)
- Glitter (optional)
- Pom Poms
- Paint palette
- First, fold your paper plate in half then use scissors to cut it.
- Next, add a few drops of each paint color to the paint palette.
- Create your painting tool by pinching a small pom pom in a clothespin.
- Dip the clothespin and pom pom in the red paint then stamp around the plate. Continue this step until you use all the colors. You can sprinkle a little glitter on your rainbow or leave it plain.
- Finally, glue white pom poms on each end of the plate to create clouds for your rainbow.
Watch the video below to see how I made this paper plate rainbow craft. Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more fun content!