Looking for a delicious treat that’s perfect for an after school snack or on hot days? These simple frozen chocolate peanut butter banana bites are exactly what you need! It’s a great recipe that you can make as a family. You only need a few ingredients and my simple step-by-step tutorial below to create these tasty frozen treats.
Love these banana bites? It’s perfect for back to school. Make sure to subscribe via Email to stay updated on the latest posts. Also, follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more amazing content. This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I’ll earn a commission, at no additional cost to you. This only applies if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for your support!
Ingredients for Banana Bites
- Ripe bananas (2-3)
- Dark chocolate melting wafers
- Creamy peanut butter (can substitute with
- Parchment paper
- Alphabet sprinkle mix (I purchased mine from Michaels)
- Baking sheet
- Rainbow nonpareils
- Jimmies (red, yellow, blue & green)
- First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, peel and slice bananas into rounds about 1/4 inch thick. You should have at least 6-8 pieces.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on top of banana slices. Transfer the baking sheet with bananas in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes.
- Start melting your chocolate wafers in a melting pot, microwave or double boiler.
- Remove the frozen banana bites from the freezer. Dip each frozen banana bite into the melted chocolate so that they are fully coated. Then place it back on the baking sheet. Top with sprinkles.
- Transfer to the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, enjoy your banana bites now or store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
I’ll be honest, things got a bit messy but that’s what happens when you’re making chocolate treats. I’m sure there’s a better way to cover the banana with chocolate. I will have to use a toothpick next time. I’ll let you know how that works out because my husband requested more. These banana bites are so good! It’s no secret that the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is amazing but adding banana made it perfect.
Check out this mini tutorial on my YouTube page!
Order these activity bundles to get your child excited about the first day of school!
Looking for more back to school ideas? Check out these fun ways to celebrate the start of new school year!
Don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest and tag me on Facebook or Instagram if you make this back to school frozen yogurt bark!
Fall is coming up soon! Check out these cool activities!